Want to stay updated with your daily steps and other activity stats? Pacer’s latest update introduces new activity widgets for your home screen (iOS14+ & Android) and lock screen (iOS16+). You don’t have to pick up your phone and open up the app to check your steps. Pacer’s widgets make hitting your daily step goal easier than ever.
What are Widgets?
Widgets take Pacer’s pedometer and activity stats to another level by putting them on your home screen or lock screen. They give you quick access to the stats you need without having to open the app itself (or even without unlocking your phone).
During the day, you can simply glance at your phone and know how many steps you’ve taken and if you’ve hit your daily step goal (It’s great if you’re doing a step challenge). It can make you more accountable for your activities and prompt you to be more active throughout the day.
Which Widgets are Available?
For iOS users, we have two types of widgets available – home screen widgets and lock screen widgets. They have different designs and support the display of different data.
For the home screen, iOS 14+ users can add the following widgets (with both light and dark versions):
- Today’s Steps: Showing current step count and daily step goal.
- GPS Quick Start: Showing a quick start button for GPS sessions. Available in both 2×2 and 2×4 sizes.
- Today’s Stats: Showing steps, distance, and calories from today’s activity.
- Weekly View (Premium): Showing a weekly view of daily steps, with a comparison to last week’s average. Available in both 2×2 and 2×4 sizes for Pacer Premium members.
For the lock screen, iOS 16+ users can add the following widgets which are available for free for all users:
- Steps & Goal Progress: A number showing today’s steps and a circular progress bar showing progress toward today’s step goal. Available as a circular widget.
- Steps & Distance: Text showing today’s steps & distance. Available as a circular widget.
- Today’s Stats: Texts showing today’s steps, distance, and calories with a linear progress bar showing progress toward today’s step goal. Available as a rectangular widget and as a line of text.
For Android users, due to the limitations of the operating system, we have a widget for the home screen but not the lock screen. It shows your current step count for the day.
How can I add Widgets to my iPhone?
For iOS 14 + users, to add a home screen widget:
1. Long-press an empty area on your home screen to enter edit mode.
2. Tap the “+” icon in the top-left corner.
3. Search for “Pacer” in the search bar.
4. Choose your favorite widget, then tap “Add Widget”.
For iOS 16 + users, to add a lock screen widget:
1. Long-press an empty area on your lock screen to enter edit mode.
2. Tap “Customize” at the bottom.
3. Tap the frames above or below the time to add widgets.
4. Tap or drag your favorite widgets from Pacer to add them.
5. Tap “Done” in the top right corner, then tap “Set as Wallpaper Pair”.
For more information, you can check out Apple’s official help article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207122
How can I add Widgets to my Android phone?
For Android users, to add a home screen widget:
1. Long-pressing an empty area on your home screen
2. Tap “Widgets”
3. Search “Pacer”
4. Choose your favorite widget design to add.
For more information, you can check out Android’s help article: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9450271?hl=en
Get Pacer With Widgets
If you want to start using these widgets, download Pacer now! If you haven’t downloaded the Pacer app yet, download Pacer for free (on mobile)! You can also check out our website (mobile or desktop) or follow our blog for more great walking and healthy lifestyle tips.