We’re so glad to announce that with the latest release of Pacer for iOS and Android, we’ve officially added an exciting series of virtual races to our platform: Pacer Adventure Challenges!
What is the Pacer Adventure Challenge Series?
Pacer’s Adventure Challenge Series is collection of curated virtual races that motivates participants to achieve their fitness goals by transforming their real-life activity data into an exciting virtual experience.
How do they work?
We designed Adventure Challenges to motivate people to get active and move more, by incorporating fitness goals, competition and exploration into a fun virtual experience that keeps participants engaged from start to finish.
Adventure challenges work to motivate people by…
- Challenging participants to complete their fitness goal before time expires
- Virtually guiding participants along some of the world’s most famous long-distance treks
- Rewarding finisher’s with exclusive virtual badges
- Letting participants go alone or compete with friends
Currently available challenges
At the time of publishing there are 7 challenges available in the series, but we’re adding new ones every month. So be sure to download the app and check for the latest availability!
- 🇵🇪 Inca Trail to Machu Picchu (33km)
- 🇺🇸 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim (36km)
- 🇯🇵 Mount Fuji (40km)
- 🇹🇿 Mount Kilimanjaro (50km)
- 🇦🇺 Australia’s Great Ocean Walk (104km)
- 🇬🇧 England Coast-to-Coast (Hadrian’s Wall) (148km)
- 🇨🇳 Great Wall of China (300km)
💎 Adventure Challenges are one of the many benefits of the Pacer Premium subscription. If you aren’t a subscriber but want to try an Adventure Challenge, you can sign up for the 7 day free trial we make available to all new Pacer users.
Where can you find Adventure Challenges?
Adventure Challenges can be found in the Pacer app:
- Go to the “Explore” tab
- Looking under “Challenges” sub-tab
- Scroll down to “Upcoming & Ongoing“
- Tap on “Join“
Participants who are interested in earning real-life finisher’s medals can also head over to https://adventure.mypacer.com (Medals are currently only available in select countries, but we hope to start shipping worldwide–including the USA–starting in January 2021).