Adding a short walk in the morning doesn’t just feel great and burn calories. 15-20 minutes can get you 15-20% of the way to a 10,000 step goal! With the right morning prep, you’ll be able to get a head start on your step goals while most people are still asleep!
1 mile requires around 2,000 steps (depending on your height and step length. 3 miles per hour is a mile in 20 minutes, while 4 mph is a mile in 15 minutes. This means that in 15-20 minutes, you could get 2,000 steps or more!
What else can you achieve by waking up just a few minutes earlier?
- Get 1/5 of the way towards your step goal
- See an amazing sunrise (your view may vary)
- Feel refreshed and energized before work or school
- Feel at peace with nature
- See your city before the morning rush
- Burn up to 100 calories
- Take some beautiful morning photos to share with your friends
- Enjoy fresh, zero-calorie morning air
Give it a try, and let us know how many steps you’re able to fit in your morning workout!
If you haven’t downloaded the Pacer app yet, download Pacer for free (on mobile)! You can also check out our website (mobile or desktop) or follow our blog for more great walking and healthy lifestyle tips.