Adding a short walk in the morning doesn’t just feel great and burn calories. 15-20 minutes can get you 15-20% of the way to a 10,000 step goal! With the right morning prep, you’ll be able to get a head start on your step goals while most people are still asleep!
1 mile requires around 2,000 steps (depending on your height and step length. 3 miles per hour is a mile in 20 minutes, while 4 mph is a mile in 15 minutes. This means that in 15-20 minutes, you could get 2,000 steps or more!
What else can you achieve by waking up just a few minutes earlier?
- Get 1/5 of the way towards your step goal
- See an amazing sunrise (your view may vary)
- Feel refreshed and energized before work or school
- Feel at peace with nature
- See your city before the morning rush
- Burn up to 100 calories
- Take some beautiful morning photos to share with your friends
- Enjoy fresh, zero calorie morning air
Give it a try, and let us know how many steps you’re able to fit in your morning workout!